Why do we focus on water?
Did you know?
The number of people who would die in 12 Boeing 747 Crashes, is the same as the number of people that die every day due to health issues realted to dirty water and poor hygiene.
- If no human action is taken, as many as 135,000,000 will die from water-related diseases by the year 2020.
- A child dies every fifteen seconds due to unsafe drinking water, poor sanitation and hygiene.
- 80% of all sickness in the world is attributable to unsafe water and sanitation.
- Women and female children spend more than 200 million hours each day collecting water from distant often polluted sources.
- In the world’s poorest countries – over 5,000 children die each day. Poor water contributes to almost 90% of these deaths.
- Worldwide 884 million people live without clean water and 2.5 billion people live without toilets every day of their lives.
- People suffering from preventable diseases caused by unsafe water and inadequate sanitation occupy half of the hospital beds in the developing world.
- If we did nothing other than provide access to clean water, without any other medical intervention, we could save 2 million lives a year.
Sources: World Health Organization (WHO), Center for Disease Control (CDC)
How can I help?
We seek donations to both pay for clean water systems and travel for trained volunteers to install systems around the world. Your donations can literally change lives.
Been thinking about a way to change the world? Or is your church group or civic organization preparing another trip to places in the world where clean water is needed? Then contact us, and we can discuss the simple ways you can provide clean water.
Questions? We have answers (or can get them). Contact us.